Many entrepreneurs listening to this podcast are struggling right now.
They might be on the fence about becoming an entrepreneur or reconsidering their decision to become one in the first place.
We’ve talked many times on this podcast about the “1,000 Day Rule”; this idea that it takes roughly 1,000 days of serious hard work to replace the money that you make from your job.
Anders Ronnau recently posted in our private community The Dynamite Circle about his own twist on this idea, which he calls “The 4,000 Day Rule”.
He proposes that after 4,000 days, or roughly ten years, if you haven’t had meaningful success building a business for yourself, then you probably need to – or might want to – get a job.
We’ve invited Anders on to the show this week to talk about that rule and to share his own story about how running a business isolated him, and why he ultimately decided he needed to stop being an entrepreneur.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Anders ended up coaching clients with ADHD. (8:09)
- Why Anders believes that he killed his business subconsciously. (10:24)
- The moment when Anders realized that he needed to stop being an entrepreneur. (12:15)
- Anders’ experience entering the workforce after 10 years of entrepreneurship. (19:17)
- Why employers didn’t seem to care much about his “resume gap”. (24:11)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com. Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash.Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results. What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast. Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash.Digital for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian