It was titled “The 4-Hour Workweek Revisited”.
Tim Ferriss is the author of The 4-Hour-Workweek, which is easily the most influential book in our community of location-independent entrepreneurs.
The book is now a decade old and, perhaps because of its prominence and influence, it has received quite a few criticisms over the years, many of which Tim addressed in his podcast.
In this episode, Dan and Ian discuss their thoughts on Tim’s reappraisal, the themes presented in his original book and why The 4-Hour Workweek is still such an important part of the entrepreneurial zeitgeist a decade after it was released.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Tim believes some people are turned off by the tone of the book. (2:46)
- Who Tim originally wrote The 4-Hour Workweek for. (7:03)
- What it means to “Fill in the Void” and why people should take that chapter of the book more seriously. (12:38)
- How the book would look if it were written today. (20:03)
- Dan and Ian’s thoughts on a recent New York Times piece about Digital Nomads. (28:52)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Tim Ferriss
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The 4-Hour Workweek Revisited
- Bo Burlingham
- Ink Magazine
- Taylor Pearson
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- When You’re A Digital Nomad, The World is Your Office
- A Brief History of Digital Nomading
- Seth Godin
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Empire Flippers. Empire Flippers are the leading specialists in helping entrepreneurs buy, sell, and invest in online businesses. Whether you are looking to buy or sell, Empire Flippers’ dedicated team will make sure you are supported at every step of the process. As a very special gift, the Empire Flippers are offering a free business valuation (A $300 value) exclusively to listeners of this show. All you have to do is visit EmpireFlippers.com/TMBA for more details.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 404: Dreamlines Revisited
- TMBA 418: The Services Problem
- TMBA 426: Our Favorite Books of the Past Year
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=13990]