Today’s guest, Michael Erickson, has certainly done that since the last time he spoke on the show.
Michael’s journey started, as many of ours do, staring at a blank Google search screen and typing in the words “How do I make money online?”
Several years later, Michael has spoken at a couple of the Dynamite Circle events and he was on this podcast last December, sharing his journey of building a 6 figure services business called Search Scientists.
Michael has recently started a new company called AdBadger, which is in essence a software version of his previous company.
On this week’s show, you’ll hear Michael share his insight on how to do something that most services entrepreneurs only dream of doing: selling a product.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Michael got started in a services business. (5:20)
- The biggest limiter that Michael faced at Search Scientists. (9:55)
- Why Michael decided to move on rather than just stick with what was working. (16:34)
- The benefits of taking a stairstep approach to bootstrapping. (22:44)
- Why AdBadger chose to sponsor the DC Austin event and what the future holds for them. (29:03)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- Jungle Scout
- Greg Mercer
- Michael Erickson
- Search Scientists
- Google AdWords
- Rob Walling
- The Stairstep Approach to Bootstrapping
- Startups for the Rest of Us
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Jungle Scout – this episode’s sponsor. Jungle Scout is an awesome analytical tool that has helped thousands to launch and grow profitable Amazon businesses. Many Amazon sellers confidently vote Jungle Scout as the most important tool they use in their business.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 319: The Mind Game of Making Over $100,000
- TMBA 378: “If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try Try Try Again.”
- TMBA 396: The Realities of Running a Business in 2017
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian