Dan and Ian struggled (as many entrepreneurs do) getting on their feet and creating the kind of success that would afford them the freedom in their lives that they were seeking. None of that would have been possible if they had succumbed to the subject of today’s podcast.
On today’s episode, we are going to be talking about one of the most daunting afflictions in the entrepreneurial community: Analysis Paralysis.
Analysis Paralysis is the state of over-analyzing rather than doing. Many would-be entrepreneurs will often spend too long reading and learning about business without ever taking action.
Today we will be dissecting what Analysis Paralysis is, how it affects us, and some of the ways that we can battle it for the better.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The problem with information overload. (6:27)
- Why feeling like you’re doing something doesn’t mean you’ve actually done anything. (10:00)
- How fear of rejection can shape the way that we work toward our goals. (17:20)
- The dangers of seeking validation from the wrong people. (22:06)
- Ways that you can battle Analysis Paralysis and actually start taking action. (28:16)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Neel Parekh
- Analysis Paralysis
- Rob Walling
- The Stairstep Approach to Bootstrapping by Rob Walling
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by our newest product, Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. Our process means that you’ll only have to post your job once, and we’ll share it with our community of more than 10,000 established remote workers. If you are looking to hire remote team members, head over to DynamiteJobs.co and use code TMBA on the checkout page to get 50% off your first posting.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian