As we’ve been practicing social distancing, the majority of our discussions about business and entrepreneurship keep coming back to the COVID-19 outbreak.
In this week’s podcast, we’ve invited one of the most prescient minds about this topic on to the show. Taylor Pearson is a long time friend of the TMBA and has been sounding alarms about the coronavirus for much longer than most.
Like us, Taylor is a huge fan of the writings of Nassim Taleb and joins us today to talk about why Taleb’s writing has been so relevant in thinking about the ongoing crisis, the global economic impact of events like this, and what the future might hold for us.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Taylor is fascinated by “Black Swan” events. (5:49)
- How this event differs from other economic events in history. (17:52)
- The real economic impact on the ground from this pandemic. (23:41)
- Why it’s important for entrepreneurs to make fast and decisive adjustments. (33:22)
- How Taylor is applying his knowledge of black swan events to his newest venture. (39:01)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Partner With Us
- The Dynamite Circle
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Tropical MBA on YouTube
- Taylor Pearson
- The Dragon Portfolio
- Nassim Taleb
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
- Fooled By Randomness by Nassim Taleb
- Tyler Cowen – Bloomberg.com
- Paul Tudor Jones
This Week’s Sponsor:
This week’s podcast is sponsored by Bean Ninjas.
If you’re anxious about your business finances, today’s sponsor has an offer for you.
Bean Ninjas is an online bookkeeping and financial education company that has been helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom through stress-free finances for almost five years.
They were recently named Xero bookkeeping partner of the year in 2019, and they are offering to train you on how to effectively use Xero to manage your finances with their “How to Do Your Bookkeeping in Xero” online course.
As a special offer to Tropical MBA listeners, you can get 25% off this 5-week course. Head over to BeanNinjas.com/TMBA for more details.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian