The response we received from listeners was pretty overwhelming, and the results were unanimous: people want to hear more about those types of dealmaking situations.
So, we decided to invite a very special guest on to the show.
Corey Rueth is Ian’s mentor in the world of dealmaking. Over the past few years, Corey has greatly influenced Ian’s approach and has also helped save Ian thousands of dollars.
In this episode, Corey shares his stories, tips, and strategies about what it takes to make killer deals.
These don’t just apply to car sales either. We believe that anyone listening to this episode can learn something which will help them make money in this way. And this is something which, in turn, can contribute to your journey towards personal financial freedom.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How you can create a side hustle by buying and selling anything. (3:58)
- Why it is important to build a rapport with the people you are dealing with. (13:26)
- The benefits of pursuing complete authenticity during the negotiation process. (18:11)
- Why it pays to be uncomfortable. (33:24)
- Whether this business is the type of asset that someone could walk away from. (1:04:49)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Corey Rueth
- Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
- BMW 3 Series (e36)
- Kyle MacDonald
- Corey and Ian’s Car Skiing Adventure
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Refund Retriever. Refund Retriever is an unbelievably powerful tool for any business that uses UPS or FedEx to ship their products. Refund Retriever will automatically audit your invoices for late deliveries and other billing mistakes, and will directly liaise with these shipping companies to ensure that you are receiving full credit for any refunds that you are entitled to. The best part is that their fee comes out of the savings that Refund Retriever makes for you, so you only pay when you save.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 336: Matt Farah on Breaking Through
- TMBA 354: Who is Mr. Regular? The Story Behind the Hit YouTube Channel Regular Car Reviews
- TMBA 405: A Conversation with Noah Kagan
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian