So many times, people reach out to us with thoughtful questions, and one of our favorite things to do is to share and answer them on this podcast.
On today’s episode, we are reaching into the mailbag containing a variety of questions that you submitted to us via email or voicemail.
We’ll be discussing a broad range of topics including how long it really takes to get your business off the ground and how many hours a day you might need to put in, leveraging different locations at the various stages of your entrepreneurial journey, the dilemmas of sustainability, and a whole lot more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How realistic it is to build a business with sustainability in mind. (4:31)
- Ways to leverage locations and currency as your business grows. (10:30)
- Whether it’s worth it to move on from consulting work to a “higher” level of business. (18:29)
- The difficulties of building a business while you talk about it in a public place. (30:04)
- How remote work can truly “level the playing field”. (37:53)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- The Retirement Hypothetical
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Hacker News
- Startups For The Rest of Us
- Apiary Digital
- Cal Newport
- The Dynamite Circle: A Long Tail Social Media Case Study
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb by Spoon
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Dynamite Jobs. If you’re looking for a way to get a leg up on your competition, there might not be a better way to do that than to grow a great team. Now you can do that with not only part-time and full-time jobs at Dynamite Jobs, but we can help you find talented freelancers to do gigs for you. We’ve built a database of over 5,000 resumes that are targeted at people who understand the sorts of business you’re running. Our role is to point the most relevant candidates for your job. Our team is so confident that you’ll love hiring with us, that you can get started with your job or gig post for free. Check it out over at DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian