This episode is primarily focused on tax strategies for Americans. My friends David and Carrie McKeegan were kind enough to host a pool party the other day, so I decided to bring along my mic to learn a little bit more about expat tax tricks. They run a very successful expat tax consultancy called GreenbackTaxServices.com. It’s a fantastic example of a scalable “micro-multiational” lifestyle business. It’s enabled David and Carrie to travel as the please and live in some amazing places.
David said something that caught my attention the other day. He said if you are an American traveler or an expat, the single most profound financial decision you can make is to qualify for the earned income exclusion. His caveat was “if you make under 500,000K annually in personal income.” That’s, ahem, most of us…
Listen to this podcast and learn:
- How you could potentially save up to 40K next year in personal income taxes.
- How Bali compares with some hot lifestyle design locations in South American, like Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay.
- The TOP 3 BIGGEST MISTAKES American entrepreneurs make on their tax returns, and how to avoid them.
- What exactly you need to tell the IRS about your foreign bank accounts.
- How to optimize exchange rates to potentially save yourself 1000’s annually.
People on this show:
Episode length: 22:45
If you don’t like iTunes, here’s the MP3 file–> [DOWNLOAD MP3]
PS, you can sign up for our mailing list and receive our first 50 podcast episodes by putting your email address in to the form below: