One thing that they’re keen to learn more about is the future of cryptocurrency, and in particular, Bitcoin.
The story of the creation of Bitcoin is pretty fascinating, with a cast of weird, wonderful – as well some downright shady – characters.
On this week’s episode, you’ll hear Nathaniel share his insights about the history of Bitcoin, and the process of shaping a book based on so many of those crazy stories.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How much Bitcoin has changed since its inception in 2009. (2:55)
- The biggest struggle that Nathaniel had when telling this story. (7:45)
- How Nathaniel was able to get so much insider information for his book. (11:43)
- The value of the Bitcoin platform outside of the United States. (22:04)
- Why the future of blockchain technology is so promising. (27:15)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Nathaniel Popper
- Digital Gold by Nathaniel Popper
- Ross Ulbricht
- The Winklevoss Twins
- The Social Network
- The Silk Road
- Charlie Shrem
- Eric Voorhees
- Roger Ver
- Wences Casares
- Solving The Byzantine General’s Problem
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA314: The 3D Revolution
- TMBA341: Alex Blumberg on the Power of Podcasting
- TMBA345: You’re a Resident of Where?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian