I love books. I love to read and I know that many of you do too. This week we’re going to have a simple, fun episode where we talk about our favorite books. I will be sharing five books that I think people might enjoy reading for inspiration or pleasure and our good friend Taylor Pearson will be sharing five timeless business books that he believes are worth reading more than once. If you are looking for new stuff to read, this is the episode for you.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- A huge list of unique and surprising books that we believe anyone could learn from.
- One of our favorite books about how to manage your own psychology.
- The three core components of business and some great authors that are writing about them.
- The best books to read if you are developing individual and team-based sales strategies.
- Some of our very favorite books to re-visit year after year.
- What we are both reading right now.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- The Hard Thing about Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
- The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Work the System by Sam Carpenter
- Vietnam: A History by Stanley Karnow
- In Our Image by Stanley Karnow
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Be Slightly Evil by Venkatesh Rao
- The Gervais Principle by Venkatesh Rao
- SPIN Selling by Neil Rackham
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
- Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi
- My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Talib
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Politics and the English Language by George Orwell
- Lynchpin by Seth Godin
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Shogun by James Clavell
- Rememberance of Things Past by Marcel Proust
- The Winds of War by Herman Wouk
- War and Rememberance by Herman Wouk
- Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- Napoleon: A Life by Andrew Roberts
- Conquistador by Buddy Levy
- The Writing Life by Annie Dillard
- Finite and Infinite Gains by James Carse
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian