How do you successfully invest in small businesses without having to run them on a day-to-day basis? Today’s guest has some really interesting answers to that question.
Brent Beshore is the founder and CEO of Adventur.es. He has managed to do something that our hosts have dreamed of for a long time. He owns a portfolio of different businesses, and has built a successful structure for operating them.
In this episode, Brent shares his investment strategies, what things he looks for when deciding to purchase a business and why he considers treating people like people is the most important factor in his success.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Brent decided to drop out of school and buy his first business. (6:32)
- What the transition looks like when Brent’s firm purchases a company. (10:30)
- How they narrowed down thousands of potential deals to a couple of genuine purchases. (29:42)
- Why treating people decently is a competitive advantage. (37:44)
- What Brent’s role is in these companies after the purchase. (45:32)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Brent Beshore
- Warren Buffet
- Brent’s 2016 Annual Letter
A big thanks to AppSumo – this episode’s sponsor. AppSumo is the place to find huge deals on tools to help you grow your online business. They’ve put together some great free stuff for TMBA listeners as well, check it out: AppSumo.com/TMBA
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 303: 7 Things To Consider When Selling Your Business
- TMBA 328: How Do You Manage Your Money?
- TMBA 334: Here’s How We Plan to ‘Manage’ Our Money
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian