China is the primary location where many of the products that entrepreneurs sell are traditionally manufactured, and it has become a fulcrum for a lot of the stuff that online product-based businesses do.
On today’s show, we are excited to bring you some insights from someone who has been living and working on the ground in China for the better part of a decade.
He also runs a mid-six-figure Amazon FBA business, as well as a small China sourcing agency, so he is pretty diversified in the sourcing and fulfillment model that we have discussed so often on this podcast.
What makes Brian’s story unusual is that he actually started his working life within a Chinese state-owned enterprise or SOE, which is something that very few westerners have done.
This isn’t just a conversation about manufacturing in China, though. Brian also shares his experience living in the country, what it’s like to interact with the Chinese people, and much, much more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What it was like for Brian to work for a business that was run by the Chinese government. (5:02)
- A glimpse into Brian’s life in Southern China. (9:25)
- How Brian was able to beat his competition by finding their factories in China. (23:39)
- Why Amazon businesses should be worried about Chinese sellers. (34:45)
- Brian’s insight into the future of Chinese manufacturing and trade. (46:58)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Brian Miller
- Amazon FBA
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. For those of you who are on the hunt for a new opportunity, we know how frustrating it can be to find good remote jobs, so we only work with established, reputable companies offering great remote opportunities. If you’re looking for a new job in the new year, check out DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian