With the help of our friend Taylor Pearson from TaylorPearson.me, we are continuing our 5 part series. The first episode was about making that first $1,000 of income. This episode is all about the next phase of a business, where you are starting to make a living, but you’re trying to figure out how to scale that and turn it into a real asset. We’ll talk about how we got out of our jobs and built a business, how long we were living broke for and the fundamental difference between building yourself a job and a business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why you should be building in as much margin as you possibly can in the beginning.
- How to structure your business to focus on the pipeline.
- Why you should be more like Dilbert.
- When and how we decided to hire our first employee.
- What it means to “Optimize for Interesting” and why you should be doing it.
- The benefits of living broke.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Taylor Pearson
- Scott Adams: The Secret to Dilbert’s Success
- TMBA224: “I make $1,000 a Month, Now What?”
- TMBA 064 (LBP64) – 6 Ways to Get Laid or Get Paid
- TMBA 233: Stop, Drop(ship), and Roll in the Profit
- TMBA 157 (LBP134) – If It Makes You Money, You Shouldn’t Be Doing It (The SOP Episode)
- TMBA 164 (LBP141) – Rocking the Rockefeller Processes : “H” is for Hire
- TMBA 247: How Do You Know When It’s Time to Hire?
- TMBA 218 : The Consultant’s Handbook – How to Make Location Independent Income Quickly
- TMBA 241: “10 True Clients” Business Models
- Seth Godin
- Peter Thiel
- Ben Krueger – AuthorityEngine.com
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian