In this week’s show Dan and Ian share their Q4 business updates, including the reasons why they have decided to launch an agency – Remote First Recruiting, which is targeted at startup founders, under the Dynamite Jobs umbrella.
“The best customers of a job board typically have super strong hiring practices that are built over the years … (they’ve) hired for the same position multiple times. Whereas with an agency customer, which are typically startup founders, they’re seeking to buy those systems into their business. They know they need to hire, they might be hiring 10 times a year. But every time it’s a little bit different, and they want to purchase the systems. That’s what the agency does.”
Plus, responses to some great listener questions, including: how much money is ‘enough money’, the mindset challenges of living off capital, and some further reflections on ‘The Europe Question’.
Listen and Learn:
- Why Dan and Ian resisted starting another agency, and why they were wrong
- Some challenges with the content on this podcast
- Thoughts about the mindset around living off capital
- Some reasons why Dan and Ian may expand their ‘summer in Europe’ in 2023
Mentioned in the episode:
Before the Exit – Our New Book
Partner With Us
The Dynamite Circle
Post a Remote Job
Tropical MBA on YouTube
Dynamite Jobs – Remote Recruiting Sales Page
Remote First Recrutiing
Startups For The Rest of Us
Cal Newport and Tim Ferriss Revisit “The 4-Hour Workweek”
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
This week’s sponsor:
Most long-term TMBA listeners will already be familiar with Travis Jamison’s SEO agency Smash Digital. For the month of October they are bringing back free SEO video audits for the listeners of the pod. Over 200 people took them up on this last year and here’s what the community had to say:
- Noel Andrews, CEO of JobRack: “Awesome SEO teardown and review of my site from Smash Digital. Hugely detailed … tons of actionable steps … and clearly lots of opportunity to get huge benefit from focusing more on SEO and working with Smash Digital”.
- David Hehenbeger, founder of Flamingo: “I got audits for both of my businesses and they massively overdelivered. Could easily charge for them”.
So if you want to take advantage of this great offer of a free SEO video audit head over to https://smashdigital.com/tmba/
Subscribe via iTunes.
Listen on Stitcher Radio.
Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Have comments about the show?
Do you have ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes?
Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian