Back when Ian and I were working a 9-to-5, we were dreaming up all kinds of ideas to start a business. Over the years, we’ve discovered what we like to call the Business Idea Paradox; When you need these ideas the most, they are the hardest to come by. Ian and I have decided to donate some of our business ideas that we don’t have the time or resources to pursue. We’ve also reached out to our listeners who have donated some of their own business ideas for this episode and shared their thoughts about what kinds of businesses they would really like to see.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The best kind of business to start if you don’t have any marketable skills.
- Why starting a business isn’t about ideas, it’s about relationships.
- Why the marijuana industry looks to be a promising sector for entrepreneurs.
- How talking about your business from day one can help you when it comes time to sell it.
- The benefits of starting a business that allows people to buy their time back.
- The top ten business ideas that were submitted to us from the TropicalMBA listeners.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Zero to One by Peter Theil
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- The 7 Day Startup by Dan Norris
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- 10 Business Ideas You Can Launch in 7 Days
- Authority Engine
- How the Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio
- Fixed Foods
- Favor Delivery
- The Valet Spot
- Tucker Max on James Altucher’s show
- Empire Flippers
- Drop Ship Lifestyle
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian