This week we are going to replay one of our favorite episodes of all time, with a little bit extra thrown in for good measure. This episode has had a great impact on a lot of our listeners. Of all of the episodes we have recorded, this one has probably helped people improve their businesses the most.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why your mini-monopoly in brick and mortar won’t translate online, and what you can do about it.
- Dan and Ian’s “Layering the Cake” model that multiplies your income from every customer.
- How getting 100 people to pay you $1 per day can sometimes trump the 1,000 true fan model.
- How to flip the triangle and transform clients into fans instead of fans into clients, and why that’s better for you.
- A productized business as an approach to the 10 True Clients business model.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- TMBA 190: 1,000 True Fans, 100 True Customers or 10 True Clients
- “100 True Customers” – A 1000 True Fans Approach For Entrepreneurs and Freelancers
- Brian Cain – Brian’s Website
- Gordon Ramsay – Wikipedia
- Kevin Kelly – 1,000 True Fans Model
- The Problem with 1,000 True Fans
- Seth Godin – Startup School
- Tim Ferriss – on The School of Greatness and SoapBox
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian PS, there is also Tropical MBA content on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. PPS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: