A few weeks back, one listener reached out to ask about what the ownership structure of a business partnership should look like.
This is a critically important issue for many entrepreneurs, and it’s an incredibly complicated one to boot. Dan and Ian are business partners themselves, but they have seen many other partnerships evolve and dissolve over the years.
On today’s show, we are talking about five partnership styles that we’ve personally witnessed over the years, how they can affect your business, and how you can find the right business partner.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The pros and cons of the “Marriage Model” of partnership. (6:57)
- What a “Workhorse” relationship looks like. (12:37)
- How entrepreneurs can develop a “Parent/Child Relationship”. (17:31)
- The risks of partnering with “Fairweather Friends”. (22:58)
- Some strategies for finding your ideal business partner. (27:06)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Y Combinator
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Weebly. Don’t let the lack of a big budget or technology skills get in the way of having not only a beautiful website, but a powerful one. If you’ve got a product idea and you want to share it with the world, check out Weebly.com. As a special offer to listeners of this show, you can visit Weebly.com/TMBA to get 15% off your first purchase.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian