First off, we’d really appreciate it if you could take 5-minutes to fill in our TMBA listener survey here. By doing this, you’ll automatically enter to win $1,000+ in amazing prizes; from SEO courses to premium travel backpacks.
Truthfully, it’s not something we have had a chance to talk about much on this podcast, but art and entrepreneurship don’t have to be mutually exclusive. In fact, the skillsets are often complementary.
Today’s guest has figured that out herself, as she went from working a 9-to-5 while living with her parents to traveling the world on her own terms.
Cat Coquillette is an artist and illustrator who has made a career licensing her artwork and designs through companies like Target, Urban Outfitters, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
On today’s podcast, Cat joins us to share how she navigated the journey from her living in her childhood bedroom while paying down her student debt to successful solopreneurship, without sacrificing her creative fulfillment along the way.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Cat prefers to work as a solopreneur. (6:13)
- How Cat got started selling her art online. (19:48)
- What her experience has been like working with larger brands. (36:18)
- What happened when celebrities started wearing Cat’s designs. (41:42)
- Why Cat has recently taken to teaching entrepreneurial skills to other creatives. (51:16)
Mentioned in the episode:
Got five minutes? Fill in Our TMBA listener survey and enter to win $1,000+ in amazing prizes!
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Revision Legal. Here at TMBA we often talk about how difficult it can be to find professional services who truly understand entrepreneurs and their businesses. Revision Legal really ‘get’ entrepreneurs because they are around them all the time. They understand the legal problems, questions, or just general uncertainty that might be slowing you down and preventing you from reaching your full potential. Legal questions and dilemmas come in many shapes and sizes, but they all need to be answered to enable you to meet your goals – and if you don’t get them sorted, trust me, they will come back to bite you. So, check out Revision Legal and don’t hesitate to drop them a line if you are looking for help.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian