A little while ago, Dan ready an article called Cities and Ambition by Paul Graham which theorizes that the cities we visit actually send signals to us in a variety of unspoken ways.
Afterward, he felt compelled to write a blog post about the ways that certain cities “whisper” to us.
On today’s episode, you will hear that blog post, as well as some thoughts and reflections on some of our favorite cities.
We’ll be sharing what we love about those cities, why we can’t stop visiting them, and what each of those cities has been “whispering” to us. And we’d love to hear from you about what different cities whisper to you.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What it means when a city “whispers” to you. (3:12)
- Some of our favorite US cities and what they whisper to us. (13:41)
- Our thoughts on some of our favorite Vietnamese cities. (18:38)
- Some of our favorite North American cities outside of the United States. (29:09)
- Which cities we’ve challenged each other to visit. (38:44)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- What Does Your City Whisper to You?
- Cities and Ambition by Paul Graham
- Global City Index
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Noviland. If you’ve ever run a product-based business, you know that sourcing from overseas is frustrating from beginning to end. Noviland is a US-based, free-to-use eProcurement platform with a network of over 2,000 custom manufacturers overseas. They can help you to get factory pricing on a wide array of products quickly and easily. Once you create a free account at Noviland.com, they will walk you through the entire sourcing process. To get started, visit Noviland.com now and use promo code TMBA20 to get a $20 credit added to your account. Big thanks to Noviland for sponsoring this week’s show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian