Today’s guest not only works for one of the most successful startups in San Francisco but, at the same time, has built a successful online ‘side hustle’ in the form of an SEO training course.
Tommy Griffith is the founder of ClickMinded SEO Training. On this week’s episode, you’ll hear how he worked on ideas by setting aside Saturday mornings for reading, podcast listening and thinking. Tommy also shares his thoughts about what you need to give up to be an entrepreneur, and why he thinks there are great opportunities for entrepreneurs in the educational space.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Tommy’s income from ClickMinded compares to his salary from AirBNB. (3:20)
- Why it is more important to pursue an idea that you are passionate about than an idea that is marketable. (6:30)
- How Tommy got started teaching SEO to people outside of work. (12:21)
- Why Tommy doesn’t believe graduate schooling is necessary anymore. (23:22)
- Whether Tommy’s success has led to any problems with his friends. (30:50)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Tommy Griffith
- ClickMinded SEO Training
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- My Revenue Increased 300% after Leaving Udemy
- Hult International Business School
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 331: Productized #4 – The Evolution of a Business Idea
- TMBA 363: The Value of Apprenticeships
- TMBA 367: The Business Idea Bonanza with Dan Norris
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian