This isn’t just their everyday grinding of axes, though.
On this week’s light-hearted episode, we are taking our own stab at a fun and unique concept popularized by the BBC in a classic television series called “Room 101”.
The term “Room 101” comes from George Orwell’s ‘1984’. In Orwell’s fictional world, it was a sort of torture chamber where thought criminals are banished and forced to experience those things that disturb them most.
In this episode, Dan and Ian will each present three things that would torment them and, at the end of the episode, they are going to vote on which two terrible nightmares deserve to be banished to Room 101.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why we can’t stand “fake it ’til you make it” entrepreneurs. (7:14)
- Ian’s problem with people who think they are changing the world. (15:29)
- Our qualms with “Normal People”. (18:23)
- Why being totally invested in your business can make you boring. (24:35)
- The problems with paying for advice. (29:12)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by ShipHero. If you run a Shopify store, or you’re thinking about starting one, then you are likely aware of how much time you need to spend to managing inventory, fulfillment, and shipping, rather than focusing on the stuff you’re supposed to do to grow your business. ShipHero has created a solution that handles your inventory and ships orders on your behalf. They have warehouses throughout the US and provide easy, transparent pricing with no minimums or setup fees. ShipHero handles more Shopify third-party fulfillment orders than any other provider. As a special offer, ShipHero is offering TMBA podcast listeners $100 to try their fulfillment services. Just head over to Fulfillment.Shiphero.com/TMBA and use code TMBA to claim your offer. Big thanks to ShipHero for sponsoring the podcast.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian