Nathan has built a long and storied reputation of boldly confronting and analyzing the challenges of entrepreneurship through his blog at NathanBarry.com.
In this week’s episode, Nathan talks about one particular ‘challenge’ that he is facing right now, which many entrepreneurs would love to have.
How do you create a company culture when your team is growing at a remarkable pace? It turns out the answer is good, old-fashioned honesty.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How ConvertKit almost closed its doors before it had any success. (4:10)
- Why building a culture is important when working with a remote team. (8:56)
- Some of the common struggles that arise when scaling your team. (20:56)
- Why it’s important to seek out the things that people are afraid to say. (24:14)
- How to set up a successful profit sharing model with your team. (28:03)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Nathan Barry
- “The Basecamp Way to Work” Workshop
- Rand Fishkin
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by DCBKK. DCBKK is an immersive 5-day conference on October 18-22, 2017 hosted by the DC (Dynamite Circle) and presented by TropicalMBA creators Dan and Ian. The annual DCBKK conference is held in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for 250 established entrepreneurs running mid 5-figure to 8-figure businesses.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 396: The Realities of Running a Business in 2017
- TMBA 398: Evolve or Die
- TMBA 402: What’s Your Superpower?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian