The topic of today’s podcast is unavoidable.
We simply have to address one of the biggest stories of our lifetime, the global shutdown brought about by Coronavirus or Covid-19.
The impact that this pandemic has had on lives and businesses around the globe, including our own, has been enormous.
On today’s podcast, Dan and Ian are talking about their decision to cancel DC Austin, which would have brought 150 entrepreneurs from around the globe to the city of Austin, Texas.
You’ll also hear our thoughts on the economic implications of the virus, as well as the challenges and opportunities that such a radical event presents for entrepreneurs everywhere.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The global economic impact of the pandemic. (1:09)
- What went into our decision to cancel DC Austin. (8:23)
- How entrepreneurs can create value in a time of uncertainty. (22:10)
- The things that we have to consider as we face an economic downturn. (26:31)
- How this crisis could change the way that businesses operate remotely. (34:18)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Partner With Us
- The Dynamite Circle
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Taylor Pearson
- BBC Sounds – The Coronavirus Podcast
- The Sweaty Startup Podcast
- I’m In The Vulnerable Class For Covid-19. A Plea to Take This Virus Seriously – LegalNomads.com
- Why This Recession Will Be Different
This Week’s Sponsor:
This week’s podcast is sponsored by Bean Ninjas.
If you’re anxious about your business finances, today’s sponsor has an offer for you.
Bean Ninjas is an online bookkeeping and financial education company that has been helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom through stress-free finances for almost five years.
They were recently named Xero bookkeeping partner of the year in 2019, and they are offering to train you on how to effectively use Xero to manage your finances with their “How to Do Your Bookkeeping in Xero” online course.
As a special offer to Tropical MBA listeners, you can get 25% off this 5-week course. Head over to BeanNinjas.com/TMBA for more details.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian