YO! How are you? I’ve been back in the old USA for over one week now and I’m having tons of thoughts about it (its been over a year!) I hope to write a few blog posts about it.
In this episode Ian and I discuss concepts that regular listeners of the show are probably pretty used to hearing from us. We currently have a lot of overhead in our business and we are exploring ways to efficiently deploy our staff to stuff that makes us money.
Last month we had a nice little revenue hit from a new product we developed using what we call PIVOT: Position, Iterate, Volley, Outsource, and Time. If that sounds like a big fat put-on, it kind of is, but we had fun using it as a structure to talk about the way we got this done.
Also there are lots of random little tidbits in this episode plus an impassioned rant during the quick tip section. Interested to hear your thoughts! I’ll be in NYC all next week doin’ some biznass and meeting old friends, if you are around LET ME KNOW HOMIES!
Hello from the good old USA, I believe this is our first 100% USA ‘cast in over a year. Yeowwwza! This is a big long episode where we talk about a wide variety of topics. In particular, we talk about why I believe Virtual Staff Finder is currently the best way to get started hiring virtual assistants in the Philippines.
Mentioned in this episode:
- @ChrisCDucker – Read my review of Virtual Staff Finder, and check out Chris’ recent interview with internet marketing wizard ….@Viperchill
- OutsourcetothePhilippines / HIRE <—- Thinkin’ about getting your first virtual assistant?
- Tweet Adder
- Su.PR <— Thinking about trying out this service, what do you think?
- Thanks! Colin @ Simplified E Commerce
- @JamieMarsden CHECK THIS OUT ——> MUSE TRAFFIC LAUNCH, “Information Product Procrastination Myths.” Very fun stuff, very interested to hearing more from him and eventually we gotta get him on the show.
- BTW, here’s a GREAT interview with Chris Guillebeau on Mixergy.com (do you listen to this podcast !!!? @Mixergy) “Tips on World Domination from Chris Guillebeau.”
- www.ConstantContact.com/ – Email program that allows you to upload lists you create from outsourced folks from places like Odesk.com or Elance.com
- I mentioned a post by @ittybiz which I found great, you can start with this article…
- BUY A DAMN KINDLE. (No affiliate link too Lazy. Buy! enjoy! read! You’ll love it. Want some cool books to read???? Check out:
- Kitchen Confidential – I LOVE (word not strong enough.. hmm) Anthony Bourdain, check out the embedded video below.
- I’m reading this book now–> “The Ascent of Money” I’ve heard this book recommended by the likes of Richard Branson and other big hitters.
- Speaking of big hitters, lots of good business stories in Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur
- SYNC YOUR FAVORITE BLOG POSTS TO YOUR KINDLE!!! http://www.instapaper.com/u
People in this episode:
- @anythingIan (Ian, CEO of the Company)
- @TropicalMBA (Dan, Partner and Web Guy)
- @DansPodcast (Show news and notes)
Call us with your questions or comments at 888-554-8428 .
Episode length: 30:17
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email. Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.