The topic is a rather simple one. What if you could take your curiosity and energy about something and turn it into a serious business?
Jesse didn’t start his podcast with a PhD in medicine, or anything relevant to the medicinal field except a genuine desire to explore these issues, and he has had a tremendous amount of success in doing it.
On this show, Jesse shares how was able to turn something that he was passionate about into a full-time business that generates real revenue. We hope this episode will inspire those of you who are passionate and curious to find a way to tell your own story.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Jesse decided to pursue podcasting. (10:11)
- What kind of audience Smart Drug Smarts is reaching. (19:10)
- Whether the show has been a good business for Jesse. (24:58)
- Advice for people who would like to make a living through podcasting. (31:52)
- The difficulties of balancing art with business. (36:16)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- Jungle Scout
- Greg Mercer
- Jesse Lawler
- Smart Drug Smarts
- Milan P1 Touch
- Audio-Technica ATR2100 Microphone
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Jungle Scout – this episode’s sponsor. Jungle Scout is an awesome analytical tool that has helped thousands to launch and grow profitable Amazon businesses. Many Amazon sellers confidently vote Jungle Scout as the most important tool they use in their business.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 315: Talking Smart Drugs
- TMBA 341: Alex Blumberg on the Power of Podcasting
- TMBA 354: Who is Mr. Regular? The Story Behind the Hit YouTube Channel Regular Car Reviews
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian