A few weeks back, we hosted hundreds of listeners of this podcast in Bangkok for our eighth annual DC BKK event.
Every year we learn more about the entrepreneurs that join us in Thailand. We have conversations with some extraordinary people, hear about their successes and their struggles, and get an inside look at the way that internet businesses are being run.
On this week’s episode, we are sharing five specific insights that we took away from our experience in Bangkok this year, and discussing what they tell us about the entrepreneurial community at large in 2019.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Whether we are more location-dependent than we realize. (4:22)
- Why it has never been easier to find cash. (15:26)
- How people are actually making money on the internet in 2019. (21:52)
- What happens when you reach “peak consumption”. (30:04)
- Why the entrepreneurial community is willing to have the kinds of conversations that no one else will. (41:50)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com.
Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results.
What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast.
Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash Digital for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian