Hollywood filmmaker (with an imdb profile!), software programmer, podcaster, and most importantly, The Dominator of all things, Jesse Lawler is on the show this week to discuss a few of my favorite things.
Jesse was working in L.A. as a filmmaker when the economy took a nose dive and no one would even think about funding an indie flick. He made the ever-so-difficult decision to pack his bags and head off to Vietnam and build a distributed software team.
It isn’t quite as simple as it sounds, which is what makes this episode so intriguing.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The sunk cost terror of a career trajectory switch.
- What it feels like to choose between a $150K job and the gruesome battle ground of entrepreneurship.
- The major advantages to setting up shop in S.E. Asia.
- A comparative analysis of American developers vs. Asian ones.
- Smart drug tips from the Smart Drug Smarts guy.
People on this episode:
>What we’re excited about this week:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: