“Success” isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be.
On today’s episode, we are talking about five specific downsides to success.
These aren’t necessarily strategic elements, as much as they are about the mindset of success.
You’ll hear about some of the common traps that successful entrepreneurs often find themselves in, and how success itself can actually become a competitive disadvantage.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How success can give us “Rose Colored Glasses”. (2:46)
- The difference between “sugar” and “vegetables” when it comes to your business. (6:10)
- How “Bloodsuckers” can drain you of your time, resources, and energy. (12:12)
- Why success can sometimes leaving us struggling to find meaning. (16:15)
- The dangers of living in a bubble. (20:12)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Paul Graham
- The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. For those of you who are on the hunt for a new opportunity, we know how frustrating it can be to find good remote jobs, so we only work with established, reputable companies offering great remote opportunities. If you’re looking for a new job in the new year, check out DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian