After all, the TropicalMBA originally started as a job listing on this website.
Jobs are an important facet of entrepreneurial life and distributed teams are a huge part of the successes that people have found in our community. A remote job can also offer a springboard to a long and prosperous career as an entrepreneur.
On this week’s episode, Dan and Ian thought it would be fun to talk about their own personal history of remote jobs.
This podcast chronicles that perspective, from the first employee they hired, right up to their latest venture, a remote job board that they have recently launched called Dynamite Jobs.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How and why we hired our first remote employee in 2008. (1:35)
- Why the right attitude is more important than the right location. (3:20)
- Why our original attempt at launching a job board didn’t work out. (8:10)
- How the rise of remote jobs has changed the way that companies do business. (16:14)
- What we are trying to accomplish with Dynamite Jobs. (18:50)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Clay Collins
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Growth Ninja. Do you have a Facebook ads campaign that you have been struggling to scale with an increased budget? That’s because scaling Facebook ads is the hardest part of the game, but it is also the most profitable. Growth Ninja is a performance-based Facebook ads agency that specializes in scaling campaigns while maintaining and improving your return on investment. If you want to successfully scale your campaigns dramatically, go check out GrowthNinja.com and let them know the TMBA Podcast sent you.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian