Dan and Ian have been running the business for the past six months, and it is still very much in the early stages.
But as the business has evolved over that time, they’ve learned a lot of things that they didn’t expect.
On today’s podcast, we’re sharing five things that we have learned in the last 180 days of running a new productized services business.
And later in the episode, we’ll be discussing some specific numbers, goals, and takeaways from the genesis of Dynamite Jobs.
You’ll also hear three reasons why we think the remote hiring process isn’t working for a lot of entrepreneurs.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why the most profitable marketplace isn’t the one that we are good at serving. (3:03)
- The difference between offering action and possibility. (18:13)
- How businesses can be built around “$2000 Operators”. (28:55)
- Why compensation is about more than just a number. (35:52)
- Key numbers from our first six months with Dynamite Jobs. (40:43)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- The Dip by Seth Godin
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. For a lot of our listeners, Ahrefs is already your go-to tool for optimizing search engine results. This year, they have dramatically improved their Keywords Explorer by rebuilding it from scratch. Their new Keywords Explorer 3 not only gives you access to data from Google, but from nine more search engines including YouTube, Amazon, and Bing. Whether you need to run a technical site audit, do competitor research, or identify high-value keyword opportunities, check them out at Ahrefs.com and big thanks to Ahrefs for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian