It’s easy to forget sometimes that these real entrepreneurial stories, or “scripts” as we sometimes call them, are rare to come by. These journeys don’t always go exactly as we anticipate either, with a lot of left turns and unexpected roadblocks.
In this episode, you’ll hear about many of those struggles, why he left those businesses, and how long it took Dan to replace his income from his previous job.
If you are struggling with your own entrepreneurial journey, we hope this episode can serve as an inspiration for you.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How the financial crisis in 2008 almost wiped out Dan’s business. (7:13)
- What led Dan to decide to get into the event planning business. (13:29)
- Why running events is harder than it looks. (17:42)
- How Dan was able to parlay his success running events into another new business. (24:57)
- Dan’s advice for entrepreneurs that are aspiring towards a similar script. (27:20)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dan Taylor
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- G Suite
- Rutgers University
- Eton College
- Simon Payne
- Action Bronson
- Tyler the Creator – OKRA
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Growth Ninja. Do you have a Facebook ads campaign that you have been struggling to scale with an increased budget? That’s because scaling Facebook ads is the hardest part of the game, but it is also the most profitable. Growth Ninja is a performance-based Facebook ads agency that specializes in scaling campaigns while maintaining and improving your return on investment. If you want to successfully scale your campaigns dramatically, go check out GrowthNinja.com and let them know the TMBA Podcast sent you.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian