One of the silver linings to the strange times that we’ve been living through in the past few weeks, is that we’ve been able to reach out to some of the brightest minds in our community and get a sense of how they have been responding to the crisis.
Travis Jamison is no stranger to longtime listeners of this show. Travis is a bonafide SEO expert and the founder of Smash Digital. He has also successfully exited a business for 8 figures and is a very active investor as well.
Travis recently shared something of an essay on Twitter that we felt captured a lot of our feelings about the current situation that we are all facing.
We invited Travis on to the show today to explain those thoughts a bit further and to talk about how we might survive the economic downturn that so many of us are bracing for in the coming months.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The twitter rant that Travis wrote that resonated with us so much. (3:40)
- What his investment portfolio looks like and his philosophies on investment today. (7:37)
- Why Travis believes the US dollar might be seriously devalued during this time. (13:57)
- What kind of opportunities exist for bootstrappers in a recession. (18:54)
- Why the bootstrapped community might fare much better than most. (23:17)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Partner With Us
- The Dynamite Circle
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Tropical MBA on YouTube
- Travis Jamison
- Smash Digital
- Nassim Taleb
- Nassim Taleb on Investors and Market Drops
- Rob Walling
- Epsilon Theory, “It’s Still Water”
- Lyn Alden, “Why This is Unlike The Great Depression”
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian