A few weeks ago, we shared a conversation about “Sweaty Startups”, and how we can use internet business skills to compete and win in traditional, physical services industries.
This topic really struck a chord, and we’ve received a ton of feedback from listeners who want to hear more about these kinds of opportunities.
Enter Eric Gilbert Williams, an entrepreneur who grew his Canadian-based roofing company to 6 million dollars in annual revenue before he sold it last year.
In his teenage years, Eric dropped out of high school and got arrested for selling drugs before eventually turning to entrepreneurship as a source of redemption.
Eric joins us on today’s podcast to share his remarkable story.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Eric used entrepreneurship as a vehicle to redeem himself. (9:36)
- Why Eric decided to drive across Canada in the dead of winter to start a roofing business. (15:50)
- The point when Eric’s business really started gaining momentum. (24:32)
- Why he ultimately decided to sell his roofing company. (33:12)
- Eric’s advice for those who are struggling with their business. (46:45)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Dynamite Deals
- Eric Gilbert Williams
- Smash Digital
- Revision Legal
- Empire Flippers
- The Sweaty Startup
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com.
Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results.
What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast.
Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash Digital for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian