One of the recurring themes on this show is freedom. The freedom to make personal choices. The freedom to travel. The freedom to create a business that allows you to live the lifestyle you choose.
Esther is one of the youngest people in the Netherlands ever to be honored with a knighthood. Yet, despite that, Esther was practically disenfranchised and disowned by the very same country that gave her that distinction.
Esther has an unbelievable story, one that carries serious implications for location independent entrepreneurs and long-term travelers all around the world.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What Esther learned from working in the charity world. (6:25)
- How she ended up being essentially disowned by her own country. (11:31)
- Why Esther decided not to lie to protect her rights. (17:08)
- How she feels about her government today. (23:41)
- Why Esther is excited about the future of the digital nomad movement. (28:26)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Esther Jacobs
- Coins for Care
- The Kafka Brigade
- Have You Found Your Mr. Wrong Yet?
- Mazlow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA312: Let’s Talk Tax
- TMBA325: A Conversation with Ribbonfarm’s Venkat Rao
- TMBA335: The Long View on Location Independence
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian