Dan and Ian are still both recovering from the DCBKK event that they host annually in Bangkok. This year marked its fifth anniversary, so they thought this might be a good moment to reflect on how DCBKK, and those attending, has evolved since its inception.
In this week’s show, they talk about some of the themes of this year’s event, what they learnt and the intimate connection that has formed between TMBA listeners and DCBKK over the years.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How the connection between this podcast and the Dynamite Circle initially formed. (2:24)
- An idea for a productized service company that Dan donates to the TropicalMBA audience. (4:36)
- Why distributed teams were a big topic of interest at this year’s DC BKK. (8:27)
- What it was like having sponsors for DC BKK for the very first time. (16:01)
- Dan and Ian’s final notes on the fifth anniversary of their event. (20:37)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Bean Ninjas
- Sarah Kornblet
- Blackbelt Commerce
- AMZ Tracker
- Empire Flippers
- Noah Kagan
- 1040 Abroad
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 308: So You’ve Been Asked to Speak at a Conference
- TMBA 331: Productized #4 – The Evolution of a Business Idea
- TMBA 342: Come Down From DCBCN – 5 Things We Learned
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at jane[email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian