But maybe the problem doesn’t lie with you, but with the type of business you’re running?
Sometimes people have all of the right skills to be successful, but they haven’t put themselves in the right situation to succeed.
Today’s episode is all about “Founder Fit”, or the idea that the business you are working on should be the right kind of project for your skillset.
We’ll be discussing four different ‘founder archetypes’ that we’ve seen, what their secret weapons are, and which sorts of businesses we believe are best suited for each of these entrepreneurs.
We’ll also be sharing some of our favorite resources for each type of entrepreneur.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What it means to be a “Lone Wolf Lenny” (5:08)
- The type of entrepreneur who can use their industry experience as an advantage. (8:36)
- Who “Passion Patricia” is and why her secret weapon is her drive. (13:36)
- The advantages of being a visionary. (19:39)
- How knowing what kind of entrepreneur you are can help you find success. (26:18)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- A Series on Productized Services
- Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
- Spin Selling by Neil Rackham
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Phil Gaimon
- Primitive Technology
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Anything You Want by Derek Sivers
- The Barbell Strategy
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- Tony Tone by A$AP ROCKY
- The Empire Flippers Podcast
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by ShipHero. If you run a Shopify store, or you’re thinking about starting one, then you are likely aware of how much time you need to spend to managing inventory, fulfillment, and shipping, rather than focusing on the stuff you’re supposed to do to grow your business. ShipHero has created a solution that handles your inventory and ships orders on your behalf. They have warehouses throughout the US and provide easy, transparent pricing with no minimums or setup fees. ShipHero handles more Shopify third-party fulfillment orders than any other provider. As a special offer, ShipHero is offering TMBA podcast listeners $100 to try their fulfillment services. Just head over to Fulfillment.Shiphero.com/TMBA and use code TMBA to claim your offer. Big thanks to ShipHero for sponsoring the podcast.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian