One of the most important aspects of that is managing a team, and almost no one does it better than this week’s guest.
In this episode, you’ll hear about the challenges of starting a business with your spouse, why Carrie believes her corporate experience prepared her for entrepreneurship, and some essential insights into running a remote team.
If you are looking to grow a meaningful business that isn’t just going to pay the rent, but build a future for you and your family, then this is an episode you’re going to want to stick around for.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Carrie and Dave decided to go into business together. (5:00)
- The benefits of scratching your own itch. (22:56)
- How Carrie and Dave approach culture differently. (27:42)
- Why you shouldn’t hire entrepreneurs. (38:14)
- What kind of culture ideas we should be thinking about from day one. (43:45)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Carrie McKeegan
- Greenback Tax Services
- Nathan Barry
- Noah Kagan
- American Express
- The E Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- Jason Cohen
- WP Engine
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by ConvertKit. ConvertKit offers automated marketing for one of the most powerful assets in business – your mailing list. For listeners of the TMBA podcast, ConvertKit is willing to offer their full functionality for free for 30 days, just head over to Convertkit.com/tmba to check it out.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 402: What’s Your Superpower?
- TMBA 403: Why Honesty is the Best Policy When Growing a Team
- TMBA 405: A Conversation with Noah Kagan
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian