After taking a brief sabbatical, we return to the show this week with a very unique guest. Chris Cage ([email protected]) is an avid hiker, biker and outdoor enthusiast. Chris started Greenbelly in 2014 and has been creating high-calorie meal replacement bars ever since. He recently crowdfunded $20,000 on Kickstarter, but despite this success Chris has been rather isolated in his entrepreneurial adventure so far. The Bossman and I have invited him on this show this week to open up about his business. We’ll talk about how Greenbelly came to fruition, how he has managed to achieve his success, and help Chris make some hard decisions about what he can do to take this business to the next level.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Chris decided to create meal replacement bars and what it cost to start his business.
- How he was able to start marketing his products and find an audience for them.
- Why Chris chose to raise funds on Kickstarter and the pros and cons of that platform.
- Why Chris decided to double the price of his product.
- The real benefits of surrounding yourself with other talented entrepreneurs.
- What the future holds in store for Greenbelly.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Our 10 Episode Series on Productized Services
- Greenbelly in the Media
- The Bossman’s Cash Flow Spreadsheet
- Fixed Foods
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian