You’re not going to hear about a lightbulb business idea, or an overnight success story, on today’s show though.
The reality is that, even if these epiphanies happen, the day-to-day life of being an entrepreneur has little to do with a single moment of insight.
In fact, quite often the opposite is true. Entrepreneurs frequently feel like they have no idea what they are doing or how they are supposed to do it.
Chris Cage first joined us on the TropicalMBA in 2015 to talk to about his company, Greenbelly Meals. Greenbelly manufactures and sells mega-calorie, high-nutrient meal bars for people that participate in activities that require a huge calorie load.
When Chris last spoke on this podcast, there were many question marks about his path forward.
In this week’s episode, Chris talks about what has happened since we last spoke, writing his first book, how it felt to appear on The Joe Rogan Experience, and much, much more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Chris is so passionate about the Appalachian Trail. (3:00)
- How he decided to start making meal replacement bars. (9:00)
- Chris’ experience as a guest on The Joe Rogan Experience. (21:51)
- Why Chris chose to write a book. (27:36)
- How Greenbelly’s business model has changed since Chris was last on this show. (34:05)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Chris Cage
- Greenbelly Meals
- Chris Cage on The Joe Rogan Experience
- How to Hike the Appalachian Trail by Chris Cage
- A Walk in The Woods by Bill Bryson
- Cody Rich
- The Rich Outdoors
- Taylor Pearson
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Refund Retriever. Refund Retriever is an unbelievably powerful tool for any business that uses UPS or FedEx to ship their products. Refund Retriever will automatically audit your invoices for late deliveries and other billing mistakes, and will directly liaise with these shipping companies to ensure that you are receiving full credit for any refunds that you are entitled to. The best part is that their fee comes out of the savings that Refund Retriever makes for you, so you only pay when you save.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 190 (LBP158) – 1,000 True Fans, 100 True Customers, or 10 True Clients
- TMBA 296: What Would Be Your Next Steps if You Owned This Business?
- TMBA 419: You Are Who You Meet
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian