In that episode, Ian lamented that the quality of flip flops available for purchase had drastically declined.
What happened next should come as no surprise. A listener of this show reached out to us to let us know that they had their own product business manufacturing, guess what? Flip flops.
Jeremy Stewart is the co-founder of Hari Mari, which he started with his wife Leila. Based in Dallas, Texas Hari Mari manufactures and sells premium flip flops.
On today’s episode, Jeremy joins us to talk about how their company was founded, how his experience as a political consultant helped get Hari Mari started, and how they were able to go from ground zero to having their products sold in big box retail stores.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What Jeremy learned from running focus groups at local colleges. (3:14)
- The benefits and challenges of running a business with your spouse. (12:46)
- What their first office and their first hire looked like. (17:09)
- Jeremy’s experience working with big-box retailers. (33:19)
- Some interesting insights into the world of flip flops. (41:57)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- The Entrepreneurmobile and Our Top 10 Used Cars For Under $5,000
- Hari Mari
- Warby Parker
- Trunk Club
- Hari Mari Scouts
- Authority Hacker
- Empire Flippers
- Niche Pursuits
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Dynamite Jobs. If you’re looking for a way to get a leg up on your competition, there might not be a better way to do that than to grow a great team. Now you can do that with not only part-time and full-time jobs at Dynamite Jobs, but we can help you find talented freelancers to do gigs for you. We’ve built a database of over 5,000 resumes that are targeted at people who understand the sorts of business you’re running. Our role is to point the most relevant candidates for your job. Our team is so confident that you’ll love hiring with us, that you can get started with your job or gig post for free. Check it out over at DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian