Then, Kevin joined us to talk about the first major business he co-founded, which was a suite of Amazon Associates affiliate sites.
These days, he has been focusing on a different project; a web hosting business called Bulk Buy Hosting (and now, ZoNode.com). In particular, he has decided to take a different turn with that business and we invited him on the show to talk about that and his new venture Zone Node.
Kevin also shares why he believes a bus station in Helsinki has a strong connection to a topic that regular listeners will be familiar with – The 1,000 Day Principle.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What inspired Kevin to explore an entirely new direction with his business. (2:40)
- The five major “epochs” that make up The 1,000 Day Principle. (11:00)
- What the “Helsinki Bus Station Theory” is. (12:01)
- The point that Kevin took the leap into full-time entrepreneurship. (20:53)
- Why entrepreneurs believe they can skip the 1,000 days, and why it almost never works. (39:45)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- The 1,000 Day Rule: What Living the Dream Really Looks Like
- Kevin Graham
- Bulk Buy Hosting
- Domain Name Sanity
- Business Insider
- Richard Jalichandra
- Chiang Mai SEO Conference
- The Helsinki Bus Station Theory
- Spencer Haws
- Pat Flynn
- Empire Flippers
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. For those of you who are on the hunt for a new opportunity, we know how frustrating it can be to find good remote jobs, so we only work with established, reputable companies offering great remote opportunities. If you’re looking for a new job in the new year, check out DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian