Today’s guest is currently facing one of the biggest challenges in his business. It’s one that we all face, or will eventually face, at som point on our entrepreneurial journey.
You may remember Chris Cage from his previous appearances on this podcast. Chris is the founder of Greenbelly Meals, which manufactures high calorie, stoveless backpacking meals for athletes and hikers.
Chris reached out to us about the recent troubles he’s had hiring people. We thought it might be a good idea to record that conversation and share it with our listeners.
This week’s episode is all about hiring. You’ll hear about what goes into the decision to hire, the hiring process itself, and how to successfully interview and eventually hire the best people for your jobs.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The issues that Chris has had hiring people in the past. (2:24)
- Why you shouldn’t be doing the things that make you money. (8:57)
- Why the difference between full time and part time is a mindset. (13:55)
- What the ideal hiring process should look like. (29:52)
- The key thing that you need to identify about a candidate during the interview process. (39:25)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Chris Cage
- Greenbelly Meals
- Kean Graham
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. For a lot of our listeners, Ahrefs is already your go-to tool for optimizing search engine results. This year, they have dramatically improved their Keywords Explorer by rebuilding it from scratch. Their new Keywords Explorer 3 not only gives you access to data from Google, but from nine more search engines including YouTube, Amazon, and Bing. Whether you need to run a technical site audit, do competitor research, or identify high-value keyword opportunities, check them out at Ahrefs.com and big thanks to Ahrefs for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian