This is a moment in the entrepreneurial journey that every entrepreneur will eventually reach, and it isn’t always easy to make the right decision. Hiring can be expensive, from both a financial perspective and an emotional one.
Fortunately, Dan and Ian have a rich history of hiring experiences, both good and bad. On today’s show, they will be opening up about the mistakes they’ve made, as well as the successes they have had when bringing people on to their team.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The two most common traps that come when hiring your first employees. (5:01)
- Whether you should hire full-time or part-time. (18:40)
- Where you can go to hire the right people for your business. (23:52)
- How to make sure you are hiring the right person. (27:10)
- Some special bonus content from the TropicalMBA archives. (40:56)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Chris Cage
- Felix Dennis
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Weebly. Don’t let the lack of a big budget or technology skills get in the way of having not only a beautiful website, but a powerful one. If you’ve got a product idea and you want to share it with the world, check out Weebly.com. As a special offer to listeners of this show, you can visit Weebly.com/TMBA to get 15% off your first purchase.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian