Dan and Ian discuss a post by Jason L. Baptiste of Cloudomatic made on Hacker News on how to be a millionaire in three years (or a really short time). They talk extensively about six out of the thirty seven tips from Jason’s post, such as leveraging skills you already know.
In this new format, they also answer two reader questions: choosing a niche that makes money, and how to go about purchasing a laptop. (Dan’s Tip: Buy a Mac).
Mentioned in this episode are:
- How to Become a Millionaire in Three Years by Jason L. Baptiste. Also check out his personal blog.
- Episode 66 of the Internet Business Mastery with outsourcing John Jonas. Also check out his outsourcing blog.
- Hacker News <– Read tips from other entrepreneurs and stay on the cutting edge of online business.
- Roambi <– New iPad/iPhone application that turns business statistics into beautiful but useful graphs.
- Kall8 <– Virtual phone system we use for the blog.
- Grasshopper <– Another virtual phone system that we use for our other businesses.
- Evernote <– A handy application that archives notes, pictures, and web clips, then syncs with your phone, your desktop, and their online archive. Great for capturing ideas on the go.
- Reddit IAMA <– Ask Me Anything is a category on Reddit where successful entrepreneurs will answer any and all your questions.
- Intova SP8 <– Awesome underwater digital camera. Here’s the specifications for the camera along with the waterproof housing.
This little buggy makes videos like the one below. No housing required.
- @nichedash (David)
- @thewaythatyouwander (Nate)
- @myeggnoodles (Chris)
- @tonyruiz (Tony)
- @joelrunyon (Joel)
- @LifeExperimentP (Steve)
- @ADAMHOEKmusic (Adam)
- @AlanPerlman (Alan)
- @DavidCrandall (David)
- Rob Also worth reading is his other blog, Start-ups for the Rest of Us
People in this episode:
- @anythingIan (Ian, CEO, Captain)
- @TropicalMBA (Dan, Nomadic Web Guy)
- @DansPodcast (Show news and notes)
Call us with your questions or comments at 888-554-8428 .
Episode length: 27:54
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email. Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.