In the years since that podcast was recorded, we continue to receive frequent questions and comments about the opinions on hustle and entrepreneurship that we shared.
One of those questions recently came from a listener named Rob Sanchez.
Rob loves creating products but, over the course of his career, has failed to establish proper distribution channels for them. He feels that his insecurities about hustling have frequently led to less than stellar results when his products launch.
On today’s episode, we are addressing Rob’s concerns and sharing six new elements to the Tao of the Hustle, as well as exploring ways that our philosophies about hustle have evolved.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Rob’s struggles with marketing his own products. (1:51)
- Why the easiest businesses to start often require the most dedicated entrepreneurs to run. (8:19)
- How ego can get in the way of us seeing the real problems in our business. (15:28)
- Why you should assume that others won’t help you. (24:18)
- How everybody has the capacity to be a hustler. (28:22)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Steve Jobs iPhone 2007 Announcement
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Strokes
- Someday – The Strokes (Guitar Tab and Tutorial)
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Growth Ninja. You’ve heard Growth Ninja advertise their performance-based Facebook ad service before on this podcast, but did you know they have a generous referral program that pays out 20% of their lifetime earnings? Referrers are making thousands every month from this program, and some of them have been getting those payments for years. If you know anyone who is already running profitable Facebook ads campaigns that are ready for some serious scale with a trusted agency, tell your friends about Growth Ninja! For more information, visit GrowthNinja.com/Referral.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian