It was this: “How important has your network been to your success?”
It’s generally agreed that the power of having the right connections is absolutely fundamental to growing a business, especially a location independent one.
On today’s episode, we are sharing some of our own personal approaches to networking. These are useful whether you’re going to a conference, picking up a phone, or talking to people in your industry.
We’re also going to discuss some specific networking archetypes we’ve seen, and how they might help you develop your own personal strategy for networking.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How your knowledge can get you in the room with some powerful people. (7:09)
- The three things you need to be prepared with when you go to a networking event. (12:04)
- The different types of people who are trying to network. (23:47)
- How you can become embedded in the network you’re seeking to grow. (30:44)
- What happens when you go into events with the intention of making genuine connections. (39:15)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com. Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as SmashDigital.com, with the same incredible SEO insights and results. What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Check them out over at SmashDigital.com today and big thanks to the team at Smash.Digital for sponsoring the show.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian