First off, we’d really appreciate it if you could take 5-minutes to fill in our TMBA listener survey here. By doing this, you’ll automatically enter to win $1,000+ in amazing prizes; from SEO courses to premium travel backpacks.
Few people are more qualified to talk about that than John Ainsworth.
John is the CEO and founder of Data Driven Marketing, which builds, fixes, and optimizes automated sales funnels.
Sales funnels are mechanisms that many online businesses use to communicate with customers and invite them to buy products.
John has seen how a lot of businesses get it wrong. In particular, when it comes to knowing what their customer’s problems are and figuring out how to solve them.
On today’s episode, we’re talking about how to improve getting in touch with your customers, how to sell them what they want, and the dangers of getting distracted by shiny objects.
As a bonus, John will also be nerding out about sales funnel strategies after the credits.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How John learned sales by selling books door-to-door. (5:58)
- Why goals might not be as important as we think they are. (25:05)
- How advice-givers can prey on entrepreneurs who are looking to improve themselves. (32:26)
- Why it pays to solve people’s problems. (43:40)
- Some of John’s thoughts on automated sales funnels. (56:37)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- TMBA Community Survey
- John Ainsworth
- Data Driven Marketing
- Sport England
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- Design Pickle
- Audience Ops
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson
Got five minutes? Fill in Our TMBA listener survey and enter to win $1,000+ in amazing prizes!
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by Revision Legal. Here at TMBA we often talk about how difficult it can be to find professional services who truly understand entrepreneurs and their businesses. Revision Legal really ‘get’ entrepreneurs because they are around them all the time. They understand the legal problems, questions, or just general uncertainty that might be slowing you down and preventing you from reaching your full potential. Legal questions and dilemmas come in many shapes and sizes, but they all need to be answered to enable you to meet your goals – and if you don’t get them sorted, trust me, they will come back to bite you. So, check out Revision Legal and don’t hesitate to drop them a line if you are looking for help.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian