Today’s guest has taken that philosophy and ran with it.
Kean Graham is the founder of Monetize More, a monetization agency that helps online brands optimize their ad revenue. Monetize More is 100 people strong, and it’s safe to say that they lean into location independence. In fact, they consider it a key value in their company.
On today’s episode, we are going to explore the inside story of how Monetize More got started. You’ll also hear the strategies Kean has used to grow that business, some of which could be considered pretty controversial.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What kind of problems Monetize More solves for their customers. (2:48)
- How Kean reacted when he got laid off from his job. (13:02)
- The importance of being genuine in your work. (22:05)
- Why Kean believes that entrepreneurs need to embrace the idea of location independence. (31:25)
- The three main pillars of Monetize More’s company culture. (41:04)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Kean Graham
- Monetize More
- Terracotta Army
- Ronnie Teja
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. Many of our listeners already know that Ahrefs is the #1 go-to tool for optimizing SEO traffic results, but it’s a whole lot more comprehensive than that. They actually offer an entire suite of SEO tools and act as sort of a “Swiss Army Knife” of SEO. If you want to rank higher in Google and send your search traffic through the roof, visit Ahrefs.com for their $7 trial offer. Even better, Ahrefs is offering one lucky listener of today’s show a free Lite annual account, worth nearly $1,000. All you need to do is tweet @Ahrefs and @TropicalMBA, and let us know why you need to win.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian