Today’s guest heard that episode and was compelled to share his own story about a similar legal battle.
Dylan Smith is the co-founder of Keg Smiths, a company that manufactures and sells mini beer kegs, and he has received his fair share of cease and desist letters in his entrepreneurial career.
Dylan joins us this week to share a riveting story about how a cease and desist letter led to his products being removed from Amazon, the ramifications of that experience, and how he was able to ultimately win out and get his products back on Amazon.
Make sure to stick around until the end of the podcast to hear this week’s Dynamite Deal, which includes a deep discount for legal services for entrepreneurs.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What happened when Keg Smiths received their cease and desist letter. (5:19)
- Why their products got pulled from Amazon because of this legal dispute. (11:26)
- How long and expensive the legal process was. (18:18)
- What they did to get Amazon to re-instate their products. (25:36)
- A Dynamite Deal on a service that will help you protect your intellectual property. (37:20)
Mentioned in the episode:
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is sponsored by SmashDigital.com. Longtime listeners will be familiar with Travis Jamison’s companies Supremacy SEO and SaaSicorn. They have rebranded as Smash Digital, with the same incredible SEO insights and results. What they offer is simple yet essential: fully managed SEO services, link building, and audits. It’s how they deliver it that is unique. Get a fresh view on the potential your business has to reach a sustainable source of customers from organic SEO traffic by reaching out to the team at Smash. Smash Digital is offering a free SEO site review for the listeners of the Tropical MBA Podcast. Head over to SmashDigital.com/TMBA today and fill out the form to get your free SEO audit. Big thanks to the team at Smash Digital for sponsoring the show.
Deal of the Week:
This week’s Dynamite Deal comes to us courtesy of Destination Legal. It seems that so many of us procrastinate on registering trademarks and protecting our businesses. Dealing with legal services can be a pain in the butt, especially when you’re paying by the hour for someone who isn’t experienced in the unique challenges internet-based businesses face. We’ve pulled together an incredible discount and all-inclusive flat rate on a full-service trademark registration service, as well as legal documentation bundles for your business (prepared by an attorney that knows the online world and terms, policies, and contracts that are specific to your industry). Today’s deal even includes USPTO filing fees (over $200 bucks!). Thanks to all the interest from you deal seekers, we’ve secured this trademark filing service at a nearly $1,000 discount! Head on over to DynamiteDeals.co to take advantage of this Dynamite Deal.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian