In that episode, they tried to make a distinction between businesses that solve “Knowledge Gaps”, by educating customers on how their services can solve new problems versus businesses that solve “Efficiency Gaps”, by providing more efficient solutions to preexisting needs.
A couple of our listeners wrote in with some interesting comments about that show. Nate Smith is the founder of AdmitScout, which specializes in paid traffic lead generation for addiction treatment facilities. Eagan Heath is the founder of a digital marketing agency called Get Found Madison, which is mostly aimed at businesses in Madison, Wisconsin.
In this week’s podcast, we’ve invited both Nate and Eagan to share their responses to that episode and to talk about the roles that Knowledge Gaps and Efficiency Gaps have played in their businesses.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Nate’s first business didn’t succeed as he had hoped. (2:59)
- Nate’s reaction to our original “Knowledge Gap vs. Efficiency Gap” Episode. (12:34)
- How Eagan was able to build a successful business solving Knowledge Gaps. (24:39)
- Why Eagan believes that every Knowledge Gap can be turned into an Efficiency Gap. (29:24)
- What made Eagan decide to buy a second business. (35:11)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Nate Smith
- The 80/20 Drummer
- Eagan Heath
- Get Found Madison
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Empire Flippers
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Weebly. Don’t let the lack of a big budget or technology skills get in the way of having not only a beautiful website, but a powerful one. If you’ve got a product idea and you want to share it with the world, check out Weebly.com. As a special offer to listeners of this show, you can visit Weebly.com/TMBA to get 15% off your first purchase.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian